Featured Crochet Patterns and Designs

Inspirational Farmhouse Style Valentine's!


I wanted to share with you all the fun and inspirational Farmhouse DYIs I am finding for this Valentine's. I just love all the neutral colors and the natural woods that give the home a warm and cozy feel with this style.  Farmhouse stands or cake stands are popping up all over and you can get them in a one, two or three tier.   They can be used in so many unique  and interestings ways around home for the holiday.



I found this stand on roomaintenance.com.  It is called the Wood Ellis stand and is sold on the Joanna and Chip Gains, Magnolia website.   I will add the site here if you would like to purchase this item.  I  do not receive any type of earnings for referring this site, I strickly do it for those who are interested in buying this item.  This makes searching a little easier for those intereted.  https://shop.magnolia.com/products/wood-ellis-tower

But for those of us who are true DYIers, and would love to have something similar then this  YouTube Channel, linked below, is where you want to go: 
   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTjuKfw8tlI

Youtuber TexasMagnoliaHome show us how to make a one tier stand.

Products and supplies for this stand can be found here:

For a two tier stand you will need these pieces to complete the project: 


  • Minwax Stain Dark Walnut
  • Wood Round Balls 1/2 inch Unfinished Wood (1/2")
  • Wooden Pedestal  use for the base of first tier
  • Wood Craft Candle holders
  • Wood Ball Top 3'
  • Circle Pine Plaque-8"X8"
  • 12" inch Wood Circle Cutouts


  • Stack 3in wood craft candle holders on top of each other and then add next plaque.  Add to two more stacked wood craft candle holders on top of each other and then add wood topper.  Apply your stain and wood bead as desired. 


    This Youtubers project was made for just $9 compared to the retail price on the Magnolia site of $64 dollars.  Don't forget to add all your favorite little valentine elements to your stand, good luck with your project and have fun!


    Almost finished with my replicated stand.  This was a very fun and easy project to complete.  Only a few more wood bead to add  and then some stain. 



    Today I start  adding my staining then I  will be finished.  So excited to put all my fun items on my stand, including my 
    country crochet draped mason jar. 




    Please comment below with more idea elements or questions you might have.  




    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Please leave a comment or question.